Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WFW ~Thankful~

Sunday after church; Myguy n I headed up into the mountains to enjoy the beautiful Autumn day! We drove with the windows down and ooohed and awed the whole way!
The Ozarks are beautiful right now, and we seriously didn't want the day to end.
Somewhere near this creek, we came upon a bald eagle eating something on the side of the road. I scrambled to get a shot of him but it flew up into the trees. By the time I found him again through the lens, he then flew deeper into the woods. It was this grand moment, and I missed it altogether with my camera! -- Still; Myguy and I felt so blessed to have witnessed such a beautiful siting! It was the icing on our cake day.
Leaves swirled across the road as we drove, and beauty was around every corner.
The sunshine peeked through treetops and the light made the colors even more vivid. We drove down roads we'd never been before and just enjoyed thee adventure.
As it neared time to have to turn around and head back; I looked up at Myguy waiting for me while I had jumped out to take a couple more pictures. I'm so grateful to have experienced such a wondrous day together.
Thanks God.



7 comments:

Sunnyside Up said...

Beauuutiful pictures Lea...ALL creation is SINGING to the WONDERS of HIS NAME! I DONT want to miss His glory! Its ALL around!

Thankful!
Char

Jill said...

I love this post! The pictures are gorgeous! So very peaceful and relaxing. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

You guys sound like us, Wes drives while I shoot!lol Lovely day you had and great shots!

From the Heart said...

A beautiful post and the pictures are great. God paints beautiful pictures in each season. Sorry you missed the eagle.

Denise said...

Such lovely pictures sis.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beyond words! God Bless you, Lea.

Janie

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! I just wanted to share when I was up in that airplane heading into New York I wish I would have had my camera out it was so beautiful and I thought of it as God's quilt the colors were amazing and I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for sharing all the pics...I love spring when everything is in bloom but the fall is so beautiful too.

Love ya Neighbor,

Becky