Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reading In The Garden

Greetings and Holykisses!

It was such a beautiful morning!
As soon as the coffee pot finished brewing, I gathered up travel mug, journals, devotional, and bible and slipped on my sloggers. With dogs in tow, the screen door slammed behind me and we made our way to the garden.

As much as I wish our Lilac bush was large enough to sit inside... it's not. lol
So, I found the next best place....
A secluded little nook: behind the big round bales of hay, a row of red-tip Photinias, beneath the Martin house, and facing the garden.

I'd filled the bird feeders, and- hummingbirds, ...sparrows, bluebirds, and one Jay came to visit!

The birds were singing, roosters were trying to outcrow one another, and the sky; ...well; I think it was as blue as I've ever seen it!

Today, the word brought me to the book of John where I learned what Jesus said we can do to show love to Him.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." John 14:23

~"Keeping God's word"
An act of love.
I love you Lord.
Help me keep your words.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Wish I could sit there with you sis, love you.

Linda Stubbs said...

Oh Lea, I wish I could of come and sat with you today and studied with you!!!!! I wonder what it will be like in heaven? Love your sign. Cute, cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a freebie over at my blog. Come and see if it is something you would like.

Well I am off to bed. So tired tonight.

Blessings sweet lady,
Linda

Unknown said...

I LOVE your little nook, and that vine growing on the little outbuilding, what is it?

Yolanda said...

What a beautiful spot to visit with God. And may my words be filled with love this day as well.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Anonymous said...

For some reason my comment didn't show up!
What a wonderful way to start the day outside & in God's Word!
Wish I could have been there with you...

Kristi said...

What an awesome place to have your quiet time. I saw my first little hummingbird yesterday. He/she buzzed by my head as if to say, "I'm back! And I need a drink, please!" I love it when they return.