Friday, January 29, 2010

Perfect Peace

Greetings and Holykisses,

As you can tell; we still have electricity and just a little bit of ice, although snow is forecasted throughout the rest of the day. (We'll see.*)

Just before bed last night, I found myself getting a little anxious. Okay, wrong word; more like a little crabby. I guess I started pondering things like... "What if our electricity goes out in the night? If our power does go out, ... I wonder how long it will be this time? Then, knowing our (grown) sons usually can't wait to go out and "play," in the ice doing donuts and whatnot, because that's just "what they do." -- Well, what if they get in a wreck? Did you catch all the "what ifs" there? -- The what if's started robbing me of my peace. They snuck in and ripped me off, when I wasn't watching.

We are as prepared as we can be for bad weather. Animals are fed, and canned goods are in the cabinets; - a friend even reminded me to include chocolate. ;) We have candles, a lighter, matches, batteries, lamp oil, new wicks, a full woodbox, newspaper to start a fire, a clean house, laundry is all done up, .... and yet... I was feeling uneasy. ???


Here are my devotional scriptures out of Jesus Calling for today: January 29th,
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."


"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in Thee. " Isaiah 26:3


I needed those reminders, and have my perfect peace back.
As for the grown manchilds who like to go drive on ice... -- I didn't even ask. They're
grown.... and get to make their own decisions. I cut those apron strings a long time ago, and yet, I keep retying them back together; ...but only because I care. And so I pray... every day. Because that's what "believing" Mom's do. I pray God protects them and puts a hedge around a silver Jeep, and a charcoal Titan,... and that He gives them both sound minds to make Godly decisions in life. In the same way, I need to keep my mind on Him as well.
Because I trust Him.

Peace.
L

7 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

I so hear you on those strings for our grown children!

We just have to trust, don't we?

Yolanda said...

Lea,

Your just the best Mamma, and I love that a friend encouraged you to make chocolate be in your "just in case" box.

Loved, LOVE the pictures of the Bluejay and Cardinal.

What a blessing to be your Sis.

Yolanda

Unknown said...

Love the bird pictures.
Love that you are able to release your sons to Jesus protection.
Love your Jesus also.

Unknown said...

I've concerned about losing power too, but I just prayed for safety and warmth, and it's still snowing! God is good.

Alleluiabelle said...

Love you Lea!!

You are so precious. I'm always praying and asking God to place hedges of protection around all of my children, grandchildren and every one and thing that I can think of.

Thank you for grabbing the prayer button for my dear sister...she is the oldest out of three of us girls. We talk every night on the telephone and all of us are very, very close. I know God is carefully watching over her and I'm so happy that many are praying on her behalf as well as my husband Ron, myself and our family.

Blessings and prayers to you sweet one,
Alleluiabelle

PCovi said...

We didn't get any more snow than you did! I had a friend over and we sewed for the Hands for Haiti etsy sale. Maybe finish our things tomorrow. So exciting!

Denise said...

You are such a great mom, love you.