Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend At Our House

Greetings and Holykisses,

"Therefore the LORD Himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

Don't you love it when you get those ahaa moments with the Lord? My morning started out with aha's, so I can hardly wait to see what the rest of the day will bring. My Immanuel is with me- ...... forever! He sure makes my little ordinary,.... extraordinary.

A week or more ago, I wrote that I was nearing a melt down, over all the "stuff" and mess I had going, preparing for Christmas. I was too busy, and it was all just getting to me!!! That's when the verse Be still and know that I am God," soothed me. I literally had to just stop! Busy-ness was stealing my focus from God and the true meaning of Christmas. It's helped so much, and I've now been enjoying, rather than my typical stressing. I can get so caught up in stuff and my focus can wander all over the place!

Keeping that focus over the weekend; I truly enjoyed wrapping gifts for my family, and I also enjoyed baking, and doing those things we make tradition in our celebrating. As I look at our tree and the gifts beneath it, .... I'm pondering what gift I want to give to the love of my life:.......... my LORD. He's given me thee ultimate gift. The gift I would never return, ... and that lasts forever.

A few years ago, I made this crown of thorns from a tree here at the potting shed, and it's become our "tree topper." I wore leather gloves, and still bled as I twisted and wired it into a circle. Every time I see it;... I remember what Jesus did for me. In my journal this morning I wrote down my gifts to Him this Christmas.



***********************************************************************************

Now I need you to change gears a little... oh; forget a little... please change them alot. lol
The word gift, sometimes makes me think of box, and there's something else I'd love to show you. I sort of feel funny sharing this in the same post, but I can't help but remember that Jesus came to earth to be born in a manger. He wasn't born in finery, but a stable.


............. So, I'd love to share this box with you from over the weekend.
I had a call from one of our neighbors, who told me the raccoons had killed all but one of their chickens and she asked if I'd like to have her? She asked if I wanted their ducks also, but... I'm pretty sure... 4 puddleducks are plenty! lol -- I told her No thankyou about the ducks, but I'd really love to have that chicken! :)
She said, "Okay, I'll be over this afternoon to bring you your Christmas card.... and chicken."lol

We didn't see her that afternoon, but come evening, this box was found in our rocking chair on the front porch...
And it was clucking........... :)
Isn't she purdy?

I'm still smiling.
Have a wonderful Monday!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your new header, you are too adorable!! Nice shots of you and the chicken too!

Yolanda said...

So cute and what a precious heart YOU have!

Denise said...

You are so beautiful sweet sis, love you.

Mel said...

I love your tree topper, it is so beautiful.

Awe, that chicken looks like our former Dottie. She was a Barred Rock lived a good and long life.
Just recently my hubby found a huge rat in our chicken coop thank goodness it was dead. However, it taunted our chickens all summer, snatching a lot of our eggs.

Looks like that chicken is so comfy in your arms, what is her name?

Merry Christmas,
Mel

Barbara Jean said...

such a sweet pic!!

just came over to say a quick hi

need to start Christmas shopping one of these days.

hugs and love

barbara jean

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Love to see your tree.....!!And the picture of you and the chicken made me smile......

Sending snowy Christmas Greetings to you!
Bernice

Amydeanne said...

awww what a nice pic of you Lea.. and love the chicken! lol

Denise said...

What a cute picture of you and that chicken...... You are truly a country girl...... it is the only way to live....... Glad you did not melt down and I love so love that crown of thorns atop your tree.. Do you care if I copy that?

Merry Christmas girl..... just rest and enjoy.

From the Heart said...

Never a dull moment at your house I can imagine.

I liked your other picture but this one is you. You are so talented.

I hope that chicken doesn't make it to your dinner table and lives a long life.

You are so sweet and precious. I am going to post your gift if I can get my husband to bring our camera in. My oldest daughter came yesterday and she likes it and the cards your made, so special.

Have a great Christmas.
Luv u,
AliceE.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Lea..
Love the crown,
pretty tree,
hen and you ..
Merry Christmas (:)
hugs,Patty the poet(:)

Debra said...

Oh Lea, what a wonderful post! I love your new family member! I love the box she came in too!!!
Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas. You popped into my prayers this morning!
Love ya, Debra

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I LOVE that chicken, too! :) My in-laws have chickens and my two year old loves to help Papa feed them--and collect their eggs, of course! ha!

Have a very Merry Christmas,
Rebecca

p.s. I really like the crown of thorns for a tree topper. That truly symbolizes why we are saved!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

How cute are you with your newest chicken. Your smile says it all. You have a very Merry Christmas.

God bless ya'll!!!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh Lea I am smiling too. She is a lovely girl! I was hopin' for chickens last spring. Maybe I'll get some this spring. I am goin' back to read more and find out about that rabbit on your sidebar!
BTW thanks for coming by and visiting my blog.
Merry Christmas,
Sherry

BECKY said...

Oh Sweetness, What a lovely gift! And what a CA---Ute header photo!! You are so silly!!

Now you have given me something to ponder...what will I give Jesus in 2010...hmmm...I'll let you know!!

Love and big squishy Christmas hugs to you!
Becky

PCovi said...

I played Peace Be Still by Rush of Fools on the way home tonight :)
Still and quiet felt like just the thing to finish off the day!
I love that chicken! You are so lucky. In the spring when we go for chickens again...I had made my mind up to look for french hens :)