Wednesday, December 2, 2009

His Purpose, His Plans....

Greetings and Holykisses,

At the moment, I'm busy printing off the cutest tags, graciously shared by the lovely Karla Dornacher. I'm following her on Twitter and that's how I actually found out about them. You just never know what treats someone may tweet!

I stayed up, way into the night last night finishing my "Jingle For The Cure" ornie for my swap partner. Funny how easy it is to lose track of time when you're doing something you enjoy! What are things "you" do where you lose track of time? That was one of the questions asked when I was seeking to learn my God given talents and purposes. Crafting was the first thing that popped into my head. ~ I just love it! Making primitive dolls, jewelry, card-making, altered art,... you name it. Even baking!
Someone else I know has also studied her talents and purposes and she's a youth group leader in Kentucky. She's been helping her youth discover their talents as well, and they opened their own shop, selling craft items made with their own hands!

See the little cheetah in the picture? It was made by one of the youth, mentioned above.
When I went to Art Fire to visit their shop: Studio 12, ; God spoke to my heart and led me to buy the little cheetah for a lady I visit in the nursing home. I know she'll love it and I'll tape it to the top of her tv so she can see it all the time.

When the package came and I opened it, I got goosebumps. Notice my blessing? Three little words filled with divine power. But that wasn't all. A bible verse written by hand that holds great meaning for me.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD."

I know God has everything worked out in my life. Even when times are bad, and I don't understand; He's always with me, and still in control. He also has plans for the lady I visit in the nursing home, ... and also the young gal who made the clay cheetah. He knows and cares about every detail of our lives and loves us. -- I think He knew when the young gal was working her clay, that it would be created into a yellow cat with spots and would be sent for this woman who's often sad in the nursing home ... to bring her JOY.

He's filled my heart with JOY as well.
~And ........I'm blessed.~

5 comments:

Kristi said...

You are so precious. God shines so beautifully through you!!!!

From the Heart said...

What you do for others is so neat.
May God continue to bless you.
Do you have a really special scripture?
Luv u,
AliceE.

Angela said...

I just wrote in my journal this afternoon Jeremiah 29:11...and here I come tonight and see the scripture here...SIGH..oh how my heart rejoices in God's love and His hand upon our lives,,and firmer when we are in the midst of the storms.

I think I may have mentioned before, Jeremiah 29:11 is painting on the wall in my diningroom....always a reminder..this is GOD'S PROMISE!!

PCovi said...

tee hee! I love reading the comments :)
You ARE precious. Amen.

Denise said...

You are so amazingly awesome, love you.