Monday, September 21, 2020

Want To Run Away With Me

I was wandering. 
Unable to concentrate on any one thing  without my mind settling deep 
back into  the loss I felt.  
Heartbroken.  
Myguy finished  painting the drywall he fixed in our bathroom and 
we had no other plans for the afternoon.  

"Would you want to just run away with me?" I asked 
He said, "Sure.  Where should we go?"

To the mountains. 
Take roads we've never been on.
I didn't want to see any people. 
Let's go get lost together. 

So that's what we did.  
Full tank of gas. 
Windows down.
Sunglasses.
Hair blowing everywhere.... 
Praise and worship music blaring from the stereo.... 
Taking every new turn, and back road, 

and creekbed.

We went to one other place we hadn't been to in a long long time as well.  
I think we both needed it.  
We stopped here and went walking. 

As soon as I got out I saw this.  
"You're never gonna  believe this," I said. 
He came over to me and looked down.  
He saw it too.  
I picked it up and put it in the Jeep.  

On our drive back I thought about the last few days.  
How hard the whole weekend was. 
The hours and hours spent beside my furry little friend trying to comfort
him while he left this life.... and my whole small world.  
I begged God to just take him faster so he wouldn't have to suffer. 
Wondering so many why's?
I don't have answers. But I know He was there... and cares.
And today... in this emptiness and loneliness... my focus needs 
to keep shifting back to everything I know to be true.  
Place to set my mind and rest this heart.  
 I made this scripture picture to tuck in my bible from 
our wanderings yesterday.  

Set your mind on things above...
Maybe someone else needs this reminder too.  
Until we meet again,
<*)))><

 

3 comments:

Terra said...

That is good you two could run away together, to the mountains and wild places, and find a heart stone. That was a healing time for you.

Debbie Nolan said...

Yes friend I always need this verse to remind me that the losses we feel here are momentary and God's love will bring us comfort now and for all eternity. Hugs!

Jean said...

Hi Lea, glad you were able to get away to the mountains and then to find a heart was just so cool.

I needed this reminder definitely, to set my mind on things above!!

Thank you for sharing. Bless You.