Saturday, July 11, 2020

Decisions, Decisions ...

 Happy Saturday Yall!
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  

So; I shared a few weeks ago that I was trying to figure out 
what the heck to do in our bedroom to give it a little make over. 
Well.. the day came to finally buy the paint. 

Do any of you get a little sweaty and your knees knock some 
standing at the paint register?  Omg... why is it so hard to just 
make up your mind and ... go with it?  I mean it's just paint right?
I have a terrible time... I don't want to mess it all up!! 

Before we left; I started pulling photos off my mood board and 
laying them on our bed and then started himmin and hawwin ..
Myguy started trying to hurry me along a little-... (that wasn't good) ha!
I know, I know; it's not like I haven't had weeks to figure this whole thing out ... but still! 
... I don't want it to be ugleeeeeeeeeeeeee!  

 On the drive to Lowes I sat with this in my lap.  
My favorite inspiration photo ... granted the photo quality color basically sucks...
and you know it is afterall color I'm trying to decide... my blood pressure 
probably started rising some.   But then I just realized... this is for our room. 
Not some random person's pinterest photo.  It's not going to look like this anyways.
It's going to be ours.  That helped... and the photo ... started giving me the warm feels again
just knowing that this is inspiration only.  

 Then I pulled this out of my bag.  
What's not to love about burlap with a chunky black stripe?
Those colors... earthy tans...  -- So.. standing in front of all the paint chips
I finally decided on a sterling white for walls... and a light tan called 
mountain canyons for the doors.  Our ugly full of seams jacked up popcorn ceiling
will be replaced with tongue n groove boards.  That will add to the earthiness I hope.
When he finishes the canopy bed I definitely want a hundred yards of sheer mocha to  to drape 
all around the posts and top with twinkle lights.  Ok; a hundred yards might be a little too much but 
I want a lot... and  
I'd be good with a few hundred twinkle lights! 
Wish me luck ... I think I'll start on Monday.

My sweet Francois is doin better today... look how happy he was last night. 
All it took was a ride in the olde 66 Chevy with the windows down
 and wing windows open.  
Hair blowin...and the radio on... that's what I'm talkin about!  

Alrighty friends,
Have a good evenin!
If it cools down some I'm goin fishin!
L
<*((((><



4 comments:

Debra said...

Can't wait to see the finished room!

Jean said...

Good day Lea, I am sure your room will be beautiful!!!

Little Francois looking up at you with those eyes...aww!! He is a trooper.

Blessings to you all.


Thank you for sharing. <*(((><

Artful Gathering said...

Can’t wait to see what you do with your room. Yippie. Have fun

Leaon Mary said...

Thanks Debra... I'm excited...

Jeanie.. I hope it turns out something like I have visioned in my head.
Yes Francois was a happy pooch and today too he has been so different... getting back to a new normal.

Dawn.. thankyou... I so love what you did with yours... you inspire me!