Thursday, May 28, 2020

Hearts of Gratitude


As I stepped off the porch yesterday, the clouds were rolling in.  
These ears that Myguy quibs musta quit growin when I was about three 
were plugged with buds of praise and worship. Kari Jobe singing the Blessing.  
 I wanted to dance like David but you know... keep all my clothes on.   
Stepping out into the grass I looked uP.
That's when I saw this heart of blue  shining down.  
 I love when things like this happen... 
and lately they seem to be happening alot.   
I'm so grateful.  

Last night I finished Baruch.  
Closing Gram's bible I felt so glad that I took the time to read them all.  
I'm about halfway through writing out things I learned and what stood out 
for me.  It helps me to write... I don't know why but writing helps me remember things.  Also 
another new practice happened.  I've started reading scripture outloud.  
It was in Gram's bible that started it.  I'd read something and just wanna share it... 
so started reading it outloud to Mike.  Then one day
outside at the new picnic table... found myself just reading outloud to myself.  That simple 
practice ... helped me hear what it was saying clearer.  I'd never done that before... 
Thought I'd share it here in case maybe someone else has never tried it and might give it a shot.  
Sometimes I have a hard time grasping what I'm reading.  Any distractions mess me up.  
Especially a tv, or people talking... 
This... helps alot.  Now just doing my regular bible studies.. I'm finding reading 
the scriptures aloud ... makes all the difference.  
  
Back to the saints.  
This is my little Saint Fiacre sketch in my journal.  
He probably looks nothing like himself but this is how I envision him smiling.  
As I continue to learn ...the thing I've learned most is that I have so much to learn.
Digging into my Catholic roots, I find I have to look up words all the time.  I just have no idea what they mean.
I'm constantly grabbing my phone to save words for later.  The more I learn, the  more questions I seem to have.  

After St. Fiacre, I 
learned more about Perpetua and Felicity.  
Refusing to deny their faith they were stripped and thrown in the ring with a wild cow.  
When they were thrown back in the ring a young soldier was told to kill Perpetua and didn't know
what he was doing.. she ends up taking his blade and putting it on her own neck for him to finish her off.  It's a story of great courage and great faith.  
Then ... I turned to this.  

I bought this vintage picture at an antique store a couple years ago.  
I was so taken with her and she hangs in my little art porch.
I just thought she was a pretty nun with pink roses.  (dingdong anyone home?)  
I did not know her name until today....  Saint Therese.  
Reading about her... what a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!  
I read that she is the patron saint of florists, gardeners, loss of parents, sickness, missions.. 
I'm still shaking my head.  "The Little Flower"  even kept a journal called... "The Story Of a SOUL.
On Catholic . org it says her "little way" of trusting in Jesus to make her holy and relying on small daily sacrifices instead of great deeds appealed to the thousands of Catholics and others who were trying to find holiness in ordinary lives."   Also it says it's the little things that keep God's kingdom growing.  
 And here she has been right with me inside my art porch this whole time...  unreal!!! 
Yall see how dots connect?    


I sign off sharing a special message I had from someone this morning.  
I feel so blessed God connected my dot to this dot.  
He knew in this moment I needed some  love and 
used someone 4200 miles away to give it.  
I'm so grateful. 

And guess what?... my phone just dinged.  It's my son.  
It says... wanna do a little fishin after work? 
Why yes... I do believe I do!  
So until we meet again!
<*((((><



2 comments:

Jean said...

The clouds have parted and made a heart in the blue sky for your Lea.

I also read aloud (when I am on my own) I take it in much better and I also like writing which helps too.

I love your sketch of Saint Fiacre and his smile is so cute, I want him in my journal!!! Saint Therese patron saint of florist and gardeners, who would've thought. You must have been meant to find that picture in the antique store and the pink roses. It is amazing. Thank you for sharing these treasures.

I also love the pics in your sidebar....two sweet corgis in the prayer closet!!!!

So many Blessings <*(((><

Leaon Mary said...

You read aloud too Jean? It really does help doesn't it?
I'm glad you like St. Fiacre's sketch. You should print him out. I will print your dogwood as well!
Thank you for your visit... your friendship is a gift to me.
Much love, Lea