Sunday, May 31, 2020

Another Indifferent Sabbath

Mr. Coffee is groaning out long chants trying to fill the pot.  
His efforts sound labored and sad.  Maybe he heard that his replacement 
is in a new box in the computer room.  I think he's giving up the ghost.  

Rolling out of bed on another Sunday feels ... heavy.  Kind of lost;  
only because it is.  Some churches are starting to reopen ... but many are not.  
Sunday after Sunday I sit with my bible seeking and reading. 
Then I watch sermons and masses on tv or youtube wishing someone 
somehow somewhere could fill this gap.  
Later a long walk takes me to my cathedral in the woods.  
He meets me there.  

We have been in a season of not knowing where we should go... or belong. 
Visiting other churches we've prayed  ... where are we supposed to be? 
People being offered popcorn in one sanctuary was a real eye opener for me.  
God what has happened to holiness and where is  reverence? 

Help us to find where we belong God. 
Show us where to go? 

So far we-- still don't know. 
So here we are again.. another Sabbath.. 
that feels like walking round and around  the wilderness.
I know other people feel much the same way with this pandemic just 
not being able to go to their church.  I hope when all the doors reopen
that we can all find our place to assemble.  

Until we meet again,
<*((((><


4 comments:

Jean said...

It is a strange time Lea. We don't know when our churches will re-open, I think some have opened in other parts of Europe but they are still having to do the social distancing and there's no hymn singing, I think it's just so that people can go in to the sanctuary to pray. We couldn't have Communion. It's very sad.

God knows the bigger picture and knowing that is comforting.

Have a Blessed Sabbath. <*(((><

Leaon Mary said...

It sure is Jean... I know what you mean... and I haven't had holy communion in so long. I miss it. <*(((>< Blessed sabbath to you as well...

Artful Gathering said...

Dearest Lea. Times have changed for even our Churches or places of worship. I feel a strong disconnect when I am not able to worship together with fellow saints. I do hope you can find your resting spot among believers. All my hugs and love, Dawn

Leaon Mary said...

Thankyou Dawn... and thank you for your always encouragement. Means alot... <*(((><