Tuesday, February 26, 2019

That Dancing For Jesus Song

 A couple days ago,  I played catchup in my wanderlust class.  
A friend and I were messaging back and forth and I sent her a video of me in my little art porch with the praise and worship music playing  in the background.  
My mind was ... all over the place, (but she didn't know that) -because I was remembering my Momma.  
12 years to the day ... It was the morning I awoke to the phone ringing.
My stepdad was panicking... because Momma had gotten out of bed and 
wanted to "go home." 
Turned out to be the last day I spent with her. 
Back to chitchatting with my friend... out of all billion songs she
could bring up in the world... she mentioned Mercy Me's song
I Can Only Imagine. 
My Momma called it "that dancing for Jesus song." 
"Play me that dancing for Jesus song," she'd say.
She especially asked to hear it back and forth on our trips to chemo and radiation.
I can still remember glancing over and seeing her tears while she sang along.
Then that last day twelve years ago, I played it often. 
12 years to the day. 
So my journal page took that spin...
imagining and dancing ....
I was glad my friend shared what was on her mind/heart
and it reminded me that we never know what dot will connect.
As you can see ... lots of dots connected for me. 
It's only February but I've been so loving the weekly art lessons.  
  Especially doing simple doodle drawings.
My simple souls keep turning into angels, nuns and friars.  
I think I'm discovering more of my own style.  
We also painted paintbrushes and spoons.  
My first paintbrush is a Martha....
Imagine that.  

She turned into a scripture picture.
I know, I know... crazy right?  I'll be printing her
and adding it to my faith journal. 
If you like her... feel free to
print and share...

Alrighty friends, I have critter chores to do....
Thanks for stopping by and spending your precious time
with me. 
Have a wonderful day!  

1 comment:

Jean said...

Memories!!!!
I am glad you had a creative day spent with a friend, always helps.

Thank you for sharing.