Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday Sundown

 Good evening from the Potting Shed.
This was my view watching the sun go down during 
evening chores.  So often I almost miss the  beauty 
and chase  after it trying  to get a good  shot before it dips behind the trees.  
You'd think you'd have a fair bit of time... but it leaves so quickly!
Then it's just gone... 
Speaking of "gone"-- 
Glady's Kravitz is gone too. 
I write that with a heavy heart and I know some 
will find that funny .. and that's okay.  ---they didn't know her.   
We got Gladys as a chicklet from Murray McMurray hatchery 7-8 years ago I think.. and she's the last of that whole batch.  
Her name was perfect for her because she was just  the snoopiest hen.  
I remember when we knocked the old barn down there she was right in our way 
standing around the rubble wanting to know what was going on.  
So many times she'd waddle into the greenhouse to visit me.  
I will really miss that.  Her beautiful green eggs too.  
Now she's buried  behind the chicken coop under the cedars.  
Goodbye sweet old hen.  
:( 

 As I finished burying her I  looked out and saw this.  
It was such a beautiful day.  
 We have new additions on the farm as well....
Five new bunbuns.  
I don't know where all the black comes from? 
The Momma was running free (she's orange) 
and the buck is orange too.  Unless a wild rabbit is the dad- 
but they don't look cottontailed at all.  Who knows?
I was glad I managed to catch the Momma and babies though.  
She had dug a hole underneath the rooster pen and had them in there!  
I was going to leave them  but the cats figured out how to 
crawl through the hole into the pen!  -That was almost a deeeee-saster.  
Cat and birds, and baby bunnies don't mix well.

So..  I finished the girl I was painting the other day
and wanted to add her into my book.  

 I had already tea stained and ironed vintage muslin and ironed it to 
freezer paper- cutting it to the size of a sheet of copy paper.. so
I ran it through my printer and now have her image on fabric.  
I tore it to fit my book but only clipped it in coz might do 
something different with it.  I'm thinking I'll stitch all my favorite 
antique lace pieces all over it and maybe some sari ribbon to zing it up.  
Time will tell... 

I also had this photo of my grandgirl in my phone.  
Last week she stuck that heart sticker on her nose and also put
hearts  all over our dog Francois.  So she had to be included on this page.  
I printed her on a sheet of vellum and wrote a love note to her under the photo. 
I liked what it said on the opposite page so much... -- it talks about giving her my treasures.
Wouldn't you know just last week she discovered my ginormous button jar and 
fell in love with all those buttons?!! Yeehaw!   So far she loves to dig in junk too.  
Take her out in the shed and she will pilfer through rusty crusty stuff and love every second.  
Oh I do hope she always sees the beauty in life.   
I sign off with a flower from my weekend with 
these words:
Small steps 
every day my dear.
This is a reminder to me- 
and maybe you as well?  
Until we meet again...
xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog Lea! You have such a sweet space filled with such beauty!
Have a gorgeous evening!
xoxo

Diane said...

So glad you are writing regularly again. Your posts gives me an extra smile and warm feeling every time I get one. I am so sorry about the chicken but she had a nice long life. They can become quite a good pet.

Artful Gathering said...

Loving your posts. Sorry about Gladys. Hugs.