Friday, February 15, 2019

Day 14 Gratitudes, Watercolor Play

 Hello friends,
So yesterday was the last day of prompts for my little Love Book.  
Valentines day seemed the perfect day for it and part of 
me doesn't want it to end.  
Good thing I have shelves of old books to start something new.   

 Yesterday's prompt was gratitude.  
As I think  of all the things I'm so grateful for..
the loves in my life- well; it makes me rather emotional.  
It was easy to just write ... and give thanks.  
This heart is very full.  
The night before Valentines day we went to our grand daughter's house
to leave her a valentine.  When we went inside she ran into my arms 
and clung to me so tight.  The love I felt was ... incredible to say the very least!  
When we had to leave she even cried.  Oh what a tug it was!  
I journal this memory with absolute gratitude.  
I need to write them in the book I keep for her as well.  

-- so all the prompts are finished now but I still have three or 
four pages left.  
What to do with them? ...
 I'd ordered this little set of watercolors called
Hopeless Romantic from Alchemy Soul Arts, 
and they came yesterday!  
This afternoon I got  to play with them.  
 This set will be great for skin tones for me.  

 I made some doodles and 
blew out the color.  I set them out to dry and 
this evening will add to them.  
  At the flea market, I recently found a couple vintage butterpats.  
They may find their way to Blake's mud kitchen this summer but
until then they work great for mixing.  
When I finish these little watercolors, I think I'll cut them apart and 
add to my final pages.  
Last but not least is this!!!!!!!!!! 
My sweet, dear friend Susie sent me the most amazing book of my childhood 
hometown.   She also made  a homemade
valentine! ...  The valentine and a copy of this  photo has to go 
into my book as well.  This is the old Catholic church and her Momma 
thinks the church was added onto.  It's where I was confirmed!
So while the church looked different when I was little... this old  church
may be within the walls.  Isn't that something?  
I have such strong feelings and memories about this place. 
The priest was very dear to me and I can still hear him singing
I've got that Joy joy joy joy down in my heart.  
I had no idea the seeds that were being planted inside of me then...
but I do now!  
So I will tuck this photo into my special book.  

 After this evening it will be finished.  
She's chunky and chock full of love.  
I leave yall with a new scripture picture.  
These are my valentine roses from Myguy and I'd love to share with you.  
Feel free to print them and share.  
Thanks for visiting me today!

No comments: