Thursday, September 14, 2017

September 2017 Day 14 Merton Quote Beauty in Ordinary

I first discovered Thomas Merton through the Advent book
I read through one Christmas.  At times it really challenged me; but I enjoyed
it so much!  Anyways, more of his 
books are on my to read list, so  a  quote from him is on today's
photo challenge share.  

Let us come alive to the splendor 
that is all around us, and see the beauty in
ordinary things.  
Thomas Merton.  

This quote is  going in my favorites file printed right on  the photo
of this simple cob of corn.
It was grown  on my Angel Mommas place and
in this simple photo I see God's beauty.  

After the little corn patch started to dry, I cut all the stalks and put in a shed
for safe keeping until  Autumn decorating.  
I just checked on it a couple days ago and took this very  photo.
(The seed is called Painted Mountain and is from Bakers creek in
case anyone wants to plant their own next year.)  

May we see beauty in ordinary things! 
Leaon Mary



1 comment:

Jean said...

Lea, I love that the corn patch was grown on your Mum's place and that cob is just so beautiful and more like jewels isn't it. Everyday things are sometimes more beautiful. God's creation!!! Wow!!

Thank you for sharing your Blessings and being a Blessing.