Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Jan 11 Peanut Butter Love



 It's going on midnight and I just finished two double batches of 
these peanut butter cookies for our shop guys.  
I can happily say that dishes are done, and I'm finally kerplopped into this wonderful 
olde chair with  a hot cup of vanilla tea.  Since I still want to 
sketch abit I'll try to wrap this up  but I think this is a true
keeper recipe so wanted to share here.  

I came across this recipe on Pinterest this week,  and thought they were so dang cute.  
If you want to look them up directly from there; they are called
Heart shaped peanut butter cookies and are by the Semi-sweet Sisters. 
The cookies pictured on their site are way cuter than these.  I think the difference
was they made them  a lot smaller.  But since these are for 
hungry working men, I always make them huge.
Here's the recipe in case you want to try them:  

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 stick salted butter melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 cups of flour
Preheat oven to 350
In a medium sized bowl ad sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter, stir until creamy.  Add peanut butter egg and vanilla and stir til smooth and creamy.  Add flour and baking soda and stir until well combined.  
Keep in mind I doubled that recipe and made all of them... then turned around
and started over and made another batch because they turned out so good.

I'm veering from their directions to share  how I did it instead.  
This part of their directions was a little harder for me to  get at first.

 First you  make dough balls and set them out on the pan.  
Then dip a glass in sugar to slightly flatten them 
Then take a butter knife and make a slit at the top and after you do that 
take the knife and give it a little lean to the left and then put it back in the slit and do it to the right. 
Then knife down and use your four fingers on both hands to pull the two top curves of the heart
out a little bit and then push the sides in a bit then as you go down towards the bottom you use your thumbs on both hands to squish in and make the point.  I hope that makes sense
Then I dipped the fork in sugar again and made the criss cross.
You can see how my cookies are bigger because it was harder to
get the design all the way down.  Smaller ones do look cuter,
Anyways then bake at 350.  
Mine took 10 minutes and the recipe says 10-12.

I think Myguy and Trent both tasted the love 
when they did testing.

 They stack so cute and just think how you could decorate them 
in pretty wrappings for Valentines day. 
Alright yall, 
Time to hit the hay.
Until we meet again,

3 comments:

Jean said...

Your shortbread looks good Lea and I would love to have some especially today when it's cold outside and it's a day for hibernating so some shortbread sounds comforting!! Thank you.. Love the heart shapes too. J x

Artful Gathering said...

Yum! I'll take a dozen! Lol.
Dawnduttonalloneword

Tins and Treasures said...

Greetings, Leaon,
Peanut butter cookies are my favorite...and these are just so cute. Have a marvelous Monday. Take care, ~Natalie