Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Day 7 Scripture Picture

 At 5:30 a.m-"ish" ...the day gets started when
 Mr. Coffee finally squirts out enough Black Silk coffee to fill my oversized
mug.  One shake of the powdered creamer and two large tablespoons of Stevia are stirred in
using a red-handled Pioneer woman spoon.  Sometimes ...a third 
spoonful of sweetener is needed.
to take the bite out  of this welcomed,
 dark brewed jolt of morning goodness.  

This early morning ritual is one of my favorite times of the whole day.  
Especially settling in at the table here;
snuggled under a fluffy, Berkshire blankie and 
tootsies warmed by smart-wool socks and two pembroke corgies.  
As I shared yesterday; my new books have been...challenging.
But the one I struggled with; may now be my favorite.  
I'm glad I didn't wimp out.  

In the photo above is the Advent Illustrated book.  
If you read the whole cover you'll see we are back to the word Light again.  
Coincidence?  Hardly!  As the new year approaches I'll share more about it; but I'm 
hoping to discover even more in the days to come?  

Through today's lessons I learned about "time," 
That in Greek there are two words for time-
kairos and chronos.  
From what I understand kairos is not something we measure by the calendar but more like
God's timing.  And the other: chronos is measurable and how we set our watches. 
(This part of my devotional was through the book Come Lord Jesus.)
As I wrote the two Greek words for time and their meanings in my traveler's notebook;
I thought of this ornament on our tree. 
It became today's scripture picture.  After clicking publish, I'll print it out and add it to my notes.

You're welcome to it as well. 
Leaon Mary


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Lea and thank you for sharing Scripture.

The verse I read this morning is from Isaiah
Chapter 64 " O that you would tear open the heavens and come down"
Isn't that awesome.

Blessings

Jeanie x