Thursday, December 15, 2011

Busy Lil Elf

Greetings and Holykisses,

Thought I'd show yall why I've not been online as much.
-It's safe to show a few things now... but others will have to stay a secret for a while longer. Here are a couple snowmen nodders that I made for a couple friends in California. The rusty springs were out of an old Chevy pickup seat that had once belonged to my Angel Mother and her Hubster. Dontchya know, my poor friends will be sweeping up micca flakes til next year with these bobbleheads around! :)

And here is a tray of clothespins I painted after being inspired by some that I saw on Pinterest.
I'm using them on
Ribbon around our doorway to hang Christmas cards.

Just this week on another blog I saw the cutest little primitive tree.
It was unlike any I'd seen before! -- Well this morning I stopped by one of my favorite
Vintage Shoppes and discovered this one on an olde jelly cupboard. I got it for just over $6bucks!! It's not exactly like the one I saw online but... it's a little "different" and I like that!
It just has a metal base so I found an old feedsack and wrapped it with jute twine.
Think I'll leave it out year round.

-And yesterday; inspired by Pinterest again, I used a bird template found there... and made a few paper ornies. This one I kept and added a crown glittered with German glass and a rhinestone eye.

That's all I can share for now.
But I'm so thankful to be done shopping and hope to hole up in my craft room and play with more glitter and rusty springs. ;) Stay tuned... and I'll try to share more soon.

Holykisses xoxo
Lea

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lea! I ♥ everything you've shown - and can't wait to see what you're keeping "under wraps"! It looks like you're really having fun!

From the Heart said...

You have a wonderful way of making something old look new. What a treasure you are.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Lea,
Those are super cool, super cute gifts :) :) I really like those rusty spring snowball heads ;) :) Those are cute. You've got crafty skills I never even knew about :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

Sherry said...

Oh, I love it all!! You have been very busy. God bless you sweet girl! xo

Unknown said...

Your the cutest elf and so are those snowmen!!! I love them, and oh Pinterest comes in handy doesn't it!! Your so crafty, love it all!!! And that tree was a steal!!!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Awesome creation and handmand items are always the best. Perfect little tree I would not have passed that up either. HUM..holding up in your craftroom sounds interesting. What are you up too?

Joy said...

Your items are cute! I'm looking forward to holing up in my craft room too, I'll be making some quick (I hope!) quilts!

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Hi Sweet Lea ..

Oh how I have missed reading your blog and leaving comments. This year has been so full and busy and my computer time became so much less. I have enjoyed spending time on your blog this evening and catching up. Your heart is as beautiful as ever your love of God is as Beautiful as the sun rising on a new day. I love your sweet bird ornament I may have to make a few of those myself.

Wishing you and your family and ever so blessed and Merry Christmas !

Celebrating the Reason for the Season !

Farmhouse Blessings ..Sara

Sunnyside Up said...

Love those cute lil snowfolks..glitter & ALL!! You are SO talented my friend!

The clothes pins & birdie with the crown are ADORABLE!!

Cant wait to see what else you've been creating! ;)

Charliekins