Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~Faith~

Greetings and Holykisses,
It's Thankful Thursday once again.

When Myguy turned off the buzzing alarm clock this morning my ears attuned to happy sparrows right outside our bedroom. A thicket of bamboo has become sanctuary to them and if you walk past this tall miniature forest during the day; you'll set what looks like hundreds of sparrows, light into the air. This morning they chirped so loudly, that they made their very own praise and worship band. It was music to our ears!

Today they begin my first random blessing. Thankyou Lord for the sparrows who reminded me to j0yfully praise You with all my heart! No stones will cry out in my place.
Thank you Lord for healing us from the "crud." Having it, has reminded me how blessed I am for my good health and the health of my husband and children.
Thank You for helping me set down another pound at the foot of the cross. You've not given me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love, and self discipline.
Thank you for giving me courage to speak the truth in love... and reminding me to be authentic. No more through gritted teeth christian nice girl stuff.
Thank you for reminding me of Your first commandment and that it's the first... for a reason.
Thank You for teaching me that to really follow you, we sometimes lose people. -and that You did too.
Thankyou for showing me that there are times I need to just shake the dust from my feet and move on.

Thank you for using a Sister to heed me to put my armor on every day, and pick up my shield of FAITH.....
I find that at times I'm alot like the children of Israel; afraid to cross over into the Promised land: afraid of walled cities and.... and giants. But You're my strength and You go before me!

Thank You for calling this lil sheep by name: Leaon Mary. Thank You for leading me out. ;)
Thank You for this beautiful changing season! Sometimes when it appears that something is just ending... it's really a new beginning in disguise.

Thank You for getting my attention, in my ordinary days and for making them extra-ordinary.
Thank You Lord... I love you Father God!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Thanks for the visits to the shabby old potting shed.
Thanks for your prayers, encouragement, comments, emails, signing the guestbook, for being followers - I rather call it... coming along "with" me. Follow HIM, not me. Thank you for your friendship! I pray the Lord blesses you all today!
Holykisses,

<*)))><
Lea

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Always delightful! I'd love to have a bamboo forest, how did you get yours?

From the Heart said...

Your "thank you" are always cheerful.

In case you don't hear from me for a while, I'll be gone. It's annual fishing time for my husband and his brothers, except I'm not sure some of them are up to it (my husband included). He hurt his back but he's getting better. We're leaving Saturday morning and coming back Wednesday.

Just know you will be on my mind and in my prayers. I will miss everyone.
Love ya, AE

Denise said...

Praying for, and loving you always sis.

irene said...

Lovely Lea....I am so thankful for the Lord using you to refresh my soul, I've needed that lately! Much love sweet friend,youall are in my prayers

Joy Tilton said...

So glad that you found your way to Granny Mountain, so that I could find my way to the Potting Shed! Love your blog!

Rebecca said...

Oh, dearie me! You deliver a powerful punch along with your "thanks"! I'm instructed, inspired and echo your "thanks"!

Yolanda said...

You are an incredible blessing.

I am thankful for Jesus being my savior, and for YOU!

Jennifer Taylor said...

I love the morning birds outside my window. Of course, I get to enjoy them more on the weekends.

Sherry said...

Ugh. Wow. I think I am always saying wow on the comments I leave here with you Lea. You and your love for our Savior just amazed and inspires me. I love your Armor...it looks similar to my Soul Armor...I will have to post it...you've been on my mind a lot lately. I am praying for you and I covet your prayers as well my friend. As always, thanks for a push in the right direction!