Greetings and holykisses,
This was written yesterday morning and never published . Internet was out all day due to rain.
The morning came extra early today! Well; may be not for all of you but it seemed to here! Maybe it's because I stayed up til well after 2 am....just "thinkin." I found myself working on my bible study super late and then I couldn't shut my head off. Nothing bad at all.... rather; all good! But it did make for a very short night however.
Soon as I got out of bed, I mixed up my cinnamon roll dough. Thankfully I talked to my Sister last night and she shared her tips that encourages yeast to really grow! We love "mile high" cinnamon rolls here and I'm so hoping this batch doesn't disappoint! I'm out of practice! -- I don't know about you but sometimes it seems like when I really need something to turn out... it ahem.... DOESN'T always! lol I can't tell you how many potluck dinners I've bombed and/or had to have do overs because I forgot sugar in a cake or something. If I'm talking on the phone while trying to bake, for some reason I fail to manage to count cups of sugar, flour and other important little ingredients. This morning, I think I mixed everything without distractions. lol (not a good multitasker)
The dough is rising... and so far... so good! PTL.
Our lessons this week were on Mary, mother of Jesus and Rebekah.
And I've been thinking about Mary finding favor with God. In Proverbs it says: "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD." Proverbs 8: 32-35
Lord, I open my ears to hear You, ...help me to hear Your voice. Help me to keep Your ways and not even want my own. --Give me courage to be willing to be made willing. And thankyou for my ancient sisterchicks. Help me to apply what I learn from them for the life and purposes you created me for. All my heart, .... L
Have a wonderful day everyone!
I pray you too find Him today.
Added late last night ...........
We had a really good meeting tonight.
A few things hit home:
1. Be thankful.... just stop, ......and give thanks to God! We saw that through Abraham's servant when he went out and found Rebekah to bring home for Isaac.
2. Go the extra mile. Rebekah not only gave the servant a drink, but also watered all his camels.
3. Watch for angels.... they do exist!
4. Forgive and move ON.
5. Yes Lord, and I will go..... are Godly character traits I really want to have.
6. Staying to thee end (like the 3 Mary's) ... --- is a cure for my lazy follow- throughs.
7. Godly friends pull us along and uPward. And God gives us people to help us on our journey. He put them there!!!
8. There is alot of power in spoken blessings.
9. Never scheme to get your way. (Rebekah plotted bigtime for Jacob to steal Esau's blessing.)
10 We're human and all make mistakes, but God's refining us day by day.
10. Don't play favorites with your kids.
11. Seeing and feeling God's providence really blew me away tonight. I was given a glimpse of His MIGHTY HAND all over, under, in and around this lil life of mine. This glimpse got me tongue tied... even trying to pray. In the middle of the night I woke up with a song on my heart.
I got up and found my journal and a bible and tried to write what my heart was feeling? Still; no words would come properly. Just tears. Sweet, happy tears. How can one explain the unexplainable? Thankfully, He knows and hears our heart.
Thank you Lord.
With God all things are possible.