Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hope In God


Greetings and Holykisses,

You'll often see me outdoors shooin chickens off the welcome mat.
Even moreso now that we have a cat and several hens have discovered a new love for Meow Mix. ~At the same time that I'm threatening them to get off the dadgum porch, or else we'll be havin chicken n dumplins for supper;... --I'm also smiling coz I love my crazy life. God gave us these chickens, and they make me smile, and make life extra- ordinary. -- You knew I've been feedin the birds, but this is a little ridiculous don't ya think?

I love this verse, and it reminds me that happiness is not found in finery, but in GOD.
When those "wanting" thoughts start to take root; I remember this scripture. Tonight I heard in the news that someone from Arkansas won millions in the lottery. -- Did you know that statistics prove that often times people who win it big, start having major problems after receiving a wad of money? Money has a way of changing people.

Our Pastor taught awhile back from Mark 10; the story of when Jesus healed blind Bartimaeus.
Jesus and His disciples were going out of Jericho and Bartimaeus cried out to Him. First, he said, "Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me." The word says that people told him to hold his peace, but he just cried out all the more. "Thou son of David, have mercy on me." Jesus asked him,
"What wilt thou that I should do unto thee?"
The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, "Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole." It says he immediately gained his sight, and FOLLOWED Jesus in the way. ~ Our pastor often talks about "the hard questions."- in the word of God. That day, he asked us.... "What would we ask of Jesus?" I thought of this for days afterwards. Of course, we can ask Him right where we are... but I put myself in that time, place, and position. If I were there in that moment, face to face; what would I ask Him, and why?

Have you ever made a wish on a star? How about when you blew out your birthday candles? Well,... change that wish to a prayer. If you could have one prayer answered, what would it be? I wonder how many people would answer with something monetary.

I asked Myguy that day after church what he would ask for? He said he too had been thinking about that question... and he thinks he'd ask for good health. I pondered this question for days on end. At first I thought my answer would be good health as well. Our kids are both saved, and that would have been my greatest desire, but they've both asked Jesus into their hearts. (Thank God.) Then I started thinking how even with good health, I'm aging every second, and my time will come sooner or later. I know alot of people who became christians and then because of circumstances, have turned their back on God. So I think my answer would be for God to help me fix my heart on Him. To just help me stay planted in Him no matter what and always. He is our one, true Hope in this life, and into the next.

What would you ask Him for?

7 comments:

Denise said...

I would ask for my hearts true desire, lovebugs total healing.

Unknown said...

HoPe is the word of the year and so applies, great post and will have to ponder on that question! I love the way you make my mind think! HuGs!!

Angela said...

Your hands..that song that is playing on your play list as I was reading this post...that is my prayer that I would ask..for all of us. My heart is so broken for God's children that are in captivity, be it physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally or financially..That we ALL be truly set free,,that God's kingdom TRULY come on earth as it is in heaven.

Yolanda said...

Lea,

I truly believe you hit it girlfriend!

Love you,
Yolanda

From the Heart said...

My question would be for some of your energy. Good post.

Sunnyside Up said...

Well....I would be tempted to ask for restored health since mine is in such dire straits right now but ya know...whether He heals me here on this earth or on the other side of heaven...I know without a doubt that HE will heal me(Hebrews 12:12)So I think I would ask Him (like YOU) to just give me a HEART THAT SEEKS DESPERATLEY AFTER HIM..yup..thats what I want!

Thanks for the wonderful post & giving us all something to think about...I love Ms. Chicken eatin that meeeowwwmix!!! One of my fav scriptures!

Have missed being on here & have missed you!

Char

Attic Clutter said...

HOPE~ oh yes one of the most valuable words ever(:)
Love your thoughtful post Lea(:) and the Fat hen LOVE it~!! hugs,Patty